Friday, April 25, 2014

Next Best Thing to Robert Redford

This dessert is from a ward cookbook my mom got YEARS ago and I have very fond memories of eating it throughout my childhood. I don't really like pudding or cool whip but they are absolutely delicious in this. We'd have this dessert regularly after a sunday dinner or bbq. Now that I'm grown and make it myself I make the crust extra thick.

Crust:
2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup melted butter
Mix together melted butter, flour, and sugar. Pat into bottom of 9x13 pan and prick with a fork. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until light brown. Let cool.

1st layer
1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 large container cool whip, thawed
Beat softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and half container cool whip together. Spread over cooled crust.

2nd layer
1 small package instant chocolate pudding
1 small package instant vanilla pudding
3 cups milk
Beat milk and puddings on low speed for 2 minutes. Spread over cream cheese layer.

3rd layer
Remaining cool whip
2 hershey bars, grated
Spread remaining cool whip over pudding layer. Sprinkle with grated chocolate. Refrigerate at least 2-3 hours before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment